Kitty City would like to welcome Life's Abundance in our new line up of nutritional foods that are available now by clicking the link below. We are doing our best to find the most nutritious and affordable foods for the cats at Kitty City and our own personal cats. And now you will be able to help Kitty City by purchasing your pet foods through our web links. If you purchase through our link the cost for you will be the same but a portion of the purchase price will go to Kitty City!
The Evolution of the House Cat
Cats are unique in so many ways. It all started millions of years ago during their development. All cats, big and small, have common characteristics. Most cats purr, they don’t particularly like water and they love to run after their prey. All cats, big and small, are meat eaters. They are classified as obligate or true carnivores, which mean their diet must consist of almost all meat to satisfy their specific and unique nutritional requirements. Their ancestors were desert animals, so they got most of their moisture or water from their prey. As a result, most modern cats lack the desire to drink water.
In Truth, Our Sweet House Cats are More Like Little Lions
That’s why Dr. Jane Bicks formulated Instinctive Choice. Instinctive Choice Premium Canned Food is formulated to provide your cat with a meal that is similar in nutrition and moisture to how a feline would feed in the wild. Modern science has proven that "nature knows best" when it comes to what your cat needs to thrive.
Why should you choose Instinctive Choice for your cat? Instinctive Choice Premium Canned Food is specially formulated to feed along with Life's Abundance Premium Dry Food, so your cat can get the benefits of both canned and dry foods. It’s not only what is in Instinctive Choice that makes it the ultimate canned cat food, it is what’s not in Instinctive Choice.
What is not in Instinctive Choice
- Instinctive Choice does not contain fruits (such as cranberries or apples), vegetables (such as sweets potatoes or carrots) or grains (such as wheat, barley, corn or oats). Cats are metabolically adapted to use protein and fat as energy sources and they have little need for carbohydrates.
The question is "why do most manufacturers use carbohydrates; such as, fruits, vegetables and grains in their canned cat food?" We understand the use of carbohydrates in dry foods because they are necessary to form the kibble or nuggets. However, we do not understand the use of carbohydrates in canned foods. Other companies may use them because they are generally less expensive than meat and they sound better to consumers. At Life's Abundance, we think it is more important to focus on what a feline really needs for good health rather than on cost or the desire to feed our felines "human-like" ingredients.
- Instinctive Choice does NOT contain corn or corn gluten, wheat or wheat gluten, artificial colors or artificial preservatives.
What is in Instinctive Choice and why is it better?
- Instinctive Choice premium canned cat food is nutrient dense; therefore, you can feed less of Instinctive Choice than many other brands of canned cat food.
- Instinctive Choice contains high-quality proteins from meat and fish. The organic chicken, turkey, chicken liver and shrimp are carefully selected to provide your cat with a variety of protein sources, the best high-quality proteins we could find. This ensures that your cat will get a full array of necessary protein components that true carnivores need to live a healthy life.
- The chicken liver in Instinctive Choice not only provides a rich protein source, it is also a warehouse of nutrition because it contains Vitamins A, E, C, folic acid, B vitamins, iron and copper just to mention a few. Some say it is the healthiest food in the world.
- Instinctive Choice contains nutrient-rich water. This is important because modern house cats are descendants of desert animals that obtained moisture from their prey and so they do not like to drink water from a bowl. The nutritional components found in meats and chicken broth allows your cat to obtain moisture closer to the way a cat in the wild would get it.
- Every cat owner knows that cats crave grass. That's instinct at its best! When cats in the wild consumed their prey, the intestinal tract contained grass. Instinctive Choice contains dog grass extract.
- Instinctive Choice contains a guaranteed amount of added omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil and omega-6 fatty acids in a ratio that is beneficial for overall health.
- Instinctive Choice contains added chelated minerals, which are closer to those found in nature so they are absorbed better.
- Instinctive Choice contains a guaranteed amount of added vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant important to good health.
- Instinctive Choice contains added Inulin, which supports a healthy intestine, a healthy immune system and increased nutrient absorption.
- Instinctive Choice contains a superior blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to help contribute to a healthy daily diet.
- Instinctive Choice has a savory taste that your kitten or cat will love. The organic chicken, turkey, succulent shrimp and chicken liver are cooked in a delicious broth that is seasoned with a little bit of rosemary.